Upper level Kinesiology students are able to gain valuable hands-on experience and obtain course credit by participating in an internship. Internships are supervised by qualified professionals in the field. UNCG currently has partnerships with a variety of agencies including both clinical and non-clinical sites.
UNCG provides a wide range of internship types such as:
- athletic training
- strength and conditioning
- personal training
- physical and occupational therapy
- cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation.
Examples of internship sites include:
- college and universities
- retirement communities
- fitness centers
- employee wellness organizations
Interested but Not Quite Sure What It’s All About?
- Provide practical, hands-on experience for upper level Kinesiology majors.
- Partner with community organizations to benefit both the agency and UNCG students.
- Create awareness of the different fields in which a Kinesiology major may seek employment.