First Year Ed.D. in KIN student, Darnell Clark, elected to NSCA Board of Directors

Posted on November 20, 2019

Darrnell Clark

Darrnell Clark, a member of the Ed.D. in KIN 2019 cohort, has been elected to the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) board of directors for a three-year term. 

Darnell shared with us, “This is a great personal achievement for me and one that I am particularly proud of. To my knowledge, I am only the second African American to ever hold this position in the 40 plus years of the NSCA. I am truly invested in the involvement in professional organizations. This dates back to my being a student and advisee of Dr. Robert Pangrazi.  It was Dr. Pangrazi who taught me the importance of ‘giving back to the profession.’ As a grad student, he was adamant about our involvement in a professional organization. My goal is to let others in our community know that everyday students, teachers, and coaches can make a difference.”

Prior to this board of director position, he served as the NSCA Southeast Regional Coordinator. In this role as regional coordinator he was responsible for the Southeast Regional Conference, which was held in September and was a huge success (they sold out with over 300 participants). 

We are proud of Darnell for his efforts in giving back to the strength and conditioning profession. Keep up the good work! The press release announcing Darnell and the other members of the NSCA board of directors can be found here