Your gift to the Department of Kinesiology helps support and grow our mission to educate and prepare students for future careers in the Kinesiology field, as well as advance critical research and develop impactful community relationships and outcomes. With more than a century of leading-edge scholarship addressing the impact of physical activity on health, the Department of Kinesiology’s mission is to build on our history in the field of Physical Education, and expand opportunities and positive health outcomes in the fast-growing, fast-changing field of Kinesiology. Our past students and graduates are a critical part of both our history and future, and your gift helps support and expand research, scholarship, and opportunity across our department and the communities we serve.
What Your Gift Can Do
Your gift has direct, immediate impact. Gifts support departmental scholarships and awards to undergraduate and graduate students, as well as critical research that helps change lives. Over a dozen current scholarship programs have been funded by our alumni to promote Kinesiology education and teacher education.
In addition to impacting the lives of individual students, there are also opportunities to enhance the broader educational and research experiences of students through department gifts:
- David H. Perrin MSAT Fund – To support recruitment of minority students, student research, unique educational opportunities, professional development opportunities, and technology advancements in the Athletic Training Education Program.
- Education and Technology Fund – To support instructional and technologies advances in the classroom.
- HUMARTS Award – To recognize a faculty member in the Department of Kinesiology who has demonstrated a commitment to significant service that is supported by excellence in teaching and research.
- KIN Endowment Account – To support and enhance the educational experience of students in the Department of Kinesiology.
- KIN Enrichment Account – Unrestricted gifts spent at the Department’s discretion where the need is greatest.
- Mary Channing Coleman Fund – To recognize outstanding bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree candidates each year at graduation.
- Safrit Award – To provide seed funding to enhance the scholarly work of the faculty with a specific focus on measurement issues.
Your gift to the Department of Kinesiology not only supports our students–it’s an investment in the health of whole communities our students go on to serve.
How to Give
If you would like to make a gift to Kinesiology of any amount, please contact our Director of Development and Gift Planning, Sam Wagner, at email@example.com.
If you would like to donate to the Kinesiology department, then visit the link below and follow the steps. We greatly appreciate your support of our students and our mission!
- Click here to go to the HHS Enrichment Fund.
- Under the subheading “Designations,” click on “Choose a different designation in the School of Health & Human Sciences “
- A window pops up. Choose the Kinesiology Enrichment Fund. Click Continue.
- Add your amount and complete the remainder of the form.
Your Gift In Action
Alumni gifts provide critical support to our student body. Dozens of undergraduate and graduate students are currently supported by scholarship funds endowed by our alumni. Your gifts also help support the Spartans of Promise and PEHTE Major of the Year Awards, which provide additional resources to Kinesiology students who are exceptional scholars.
Your gift is more than just a contribution–it has a real impact on individual students. Meet some of the Kinesiology students who have benefited from the generosity of our alumni, and are using it to make a difference.