Department of Kinesiology

School of Health and Human Sciences

Undergraduate: Transfer Students

If you’re considering transferring to UNC Greensboro from another University or Community College, please review the UNCG Admissions webpages for transfer students.

To see how courses transfer into UNCG from other institutions, please visit the How will my credits transfer? information page and check your institution and coursework on the UNCG Transfer Credit Planner to get an idea of how your courses will transfer in.

You can also utilize our Student Forms & Resources page to find Kinesiology advising resources, including a sample plan of study. Visit the General Education program at UNCG to see what general education courses are required by the university. 

We do not accept transfer courses for KIN 250 (Intro to Kinesiology).

Transfer Courses from NC Community Colleges

The following is a list of NC Community College courses that we accept for our Kinesiology major requirements. This is NOT an exhaustive list. It only covers some of the most common transfer courses that we accept for the B.S. in Kinesiology degree and does not include the University’s general education requirements.

  • BIO 111/L transfers to UNCG as BIO 111/L – required for our B.S. in Kinesiology. BIO 111 is the prerequisite for UNCG’s Anatomy and Physiology courses if you want to take those courses here.
  • BIO 155 transfers to UNCG as NTR 213 – this counts as your Nutrition elective for our B.S. in Kinesiology
  • BIO 165 AND 166 -or- BIO 168 AND BIO 169 – either set of courses transfer to UNCG to satisfy the Anatomy and Physiology requirement for our B.S. in Kinesiology.
    • You must have BOTH Anatomy & Physiology I and Anatomy & Physiology II in order to get credit for Anatomy and Physiology at UNCG.
    • If you have JUST A&P I (BIO 165 or BIO 168), it will transfer in as BIO 000, a general elective that will not fulfill any of your Kinesiology major requirements.
  • CHE 130 & 130 A transfer to UNCG as CHE 103 & CHE 110 lab
  • CHE 131 & 131 A transfer to UNCG as CHE 103 & CHE 110 lab
  • CHE 151 transfers to UNCG as CHE 111 & CHE 112 lab
  • CHE 152 transfers to UNCG as CHE 114 & CHE 115 lab
    • (NOTE: if you plan on applying to graduate school, you may need a higher level Chemistry like CHE 151 or CHE 152. It’s best to check with the graduate school(s) to see which they require.)
  • COM 231 transfers to UNCG as CST 105 – this counts as a Communication Studies elective, and has the Speaking Intensive (SI) marker

Anatomy and Physiology – BIO 165 and BIO 166, OR BIO 168 and BIO 169 (A&P I and II) – are great courses to transfer in, but some students struggle in the courses that follow Anatomy and Physiology in our program due to differences in course structure.

Transfer Courses from Other Institutions

After you successfully transfer into UNCG, you may have Kinesiology courses from another institution that don’t have automatic equivalencies for courses in the Kinesiology major.

The Department will work with you to review syllabi from your previous courses to determine if the transfer courses fulfill UNCG Kinesiology course requirements and student learning outcomes. Be sure to keep copies of your course syllabi if you are planning to transfer!

We’re Here to Help!

We’re happy to speak with any prospective transfer student about how their current and completed courses will fit into a Kinesiology or Physical Education and Health Teacher Education major at UNCG.

  • If you are interested in Kinesiology, please contact Dr. Adam Berg,
  • If you are interested in Physical Education and Health Teacher Education, please contact professor Judy Fowler,