All students will be initially classified as Pre-Kinesiology. To apply for admission into the Kinesiology major, students must have a minimum major GPA of 2.50 and satisfactorily complete the following courses.
- BIO 111: Principles of Biology I (C- or higher)
- KIN 250: Introduction to Kinesiology (C or higher)
- KIN 291 or BIO 271: Clinical Human Anatomy (C or higher)
Transfer and second-degree students must complete these requirements and successfully complete 12 credit hours at UNCG before applying. Application does not guarantee admission.
Students will not be allowed to enroll in the following courses without admission into the KIN major:
- KIN 353: Injuries and Illnesses in Physical Activity
- KIN 375: Physiology of Sport and Physical Activity
- KIN 376: Biomechanics of Sport and Physical Activity
- KIN 386: Motor Development and Learning
and any course at the 400 level or above.
To qualify for graduation in this concentration, all majors must achieve a minimum grade of C (2.0) in each required course with a KIN prefix and maintain a minimum GPA of 2.50 in the major. No required KIN course may be taken more than twice. Students who receive a grade below C twice in the same required KIN course will be dropped from the major.
Minimum Semester Hours
To graduate, all majors must obtain at least 36 credit hours in courses at the 300 level or above and a minimum total of 122 credit hours.