Department of Kinesiology

School of Health and Human Sciences

Admitted & Current: Changing Your Major


If you are a current UNCG undergraduate student thinking of making a change to a major in the Department of Kinesiology, we can help you learn more and complete the process. Keep in mind that changing your major can alter both general education and major-specific requirements and can affect time to graduation.

We’re happy to speak with any current or prospective student about their career goals, plans of study, and how prior courses taken will fit into a Kinesiology or Physical Education and Health Teacher Education major.

  • If you are interested in Kinesiology, please contact Dr. Adam Berg,
  • If you are interested in Physical Education and Health Teacher Education, please contact professor Judy Fowler,

To change or add a major, current UNCG students should fill out the Spartan Central Major/Minor Request Form and select “Kinesiology” or “Pre-Physical Education Health Teacher Education.” Students may use this form to change their primary major or to add an additional major or minor. Be sure to allow up to 7 business days for processing.

Questions about the Major/Minor Request Form should be addressed to the Registrar’s Office.


If you are a current Kinesiology or Physical Education major thinking about switching to a different major on campus, you should consult with your current academic advisor and/or reach out to someone in your intended major first to get advise and guidance before formally requesting a change. The Director of Undergraduate Studies for your major of interest is a great place to start that conversation!