Moving from PKIN to KINE
**KINESIOLOGY STUDENTS NO LONGER HAVE TO APPLY TO THE MAJOR**
The Pre-Kinesiology (PKIN) major has been eliminated, effective Fall 2022. If your Degree Works still has you classified as a “Pre-Kinesiology” major, please let us know so that we can make sure you are updated to a “Kinesiology” major: email@example.com
Moving from PPHT to PHHT
Pre-PEHTE (PPHT, “Pre-Physical Education Health Teacher”) Students must complete the following to be admitted into the PEHTE (PHHT) major:
- BIO 111 and lab (C- or higher)
- KIN 291 and lab -OR- BIO 271 and lab (C or higher*)
- KIN 250 (C or higher)
- Major GPA** of 2.5 or higher
- A minimum of 20 volunteer hours in a physical activity setting with children in grades K-12. Volunteer hours must be completed between the term admitted to UNCG and the date of application to the major. You must submit the following documents:
- Supervisor letter of volunteer hours on the organization’s letterhead
- Volunteer Hours Log Sheet
Students must have final grades recorded on their Degree Works for the above courses before they may apply. See the Guidelines for Admission into the PEHTE Major (PDF) for more details. An application form (below) must be submitted by the student and approved by the department.
*If you take BIO 271 you must earn a C or higher in both the lecture (BIO 271) AND the lab (BIO 271L.)
**See the GPA located to the right of the section “Pre-Major, BS” on your Degree Works.