- Students will address current professional practice issues in the field from an applied, interdisciplinary perspective.
- Professional Learning Communities will support student academic and professional growth throughout the degree program.
- All coursework will be completed online.
The program is structured so that all students begin the program in the Fall semester and move through the program as a cohort, working in learning communities, taking 2 courses (6 credits) each semester and summer over 3 years and completing the dissertation in year 4.
Please see this Visual Overview of how to complete the Doctor of Education in Kinesiology Online (PDF) in 4 years (Sample Coursework shown).
Coursework is interdisciplinary and focuses on:
- problem solving,
- teaching and learning,
- application of research,
- and leadership in Kinesiology programs.
Required Campus Visits
Students will be required to make three required campus visits:
- YR 1 Orientation, YR 3 Comprehensive Exam & Dissertation Proposal, and YR 4 Dissertation Defense.
- Summer 2019 Three Day Orientation June 10-12, 2019
Additional information is available in The Graduate School Bulletin