The four-year online degree program is cohort-based and requires students to complete of 48 credit hours including the dissertation.
- Students will address current professional practice issues in the field from an applied, interdisciplinary perspective.
- Professional Learning Communities will support student academic and professional growth throughout the degree program.
- All coursework will be completed online.
The program is structured so that all students begin the program in the Fall semester and move through the program as a cohort, working in learning communities, taking 2 courses (6 credits) each semester and summer over 3 years and completing the dissertation in year 4.
Coursework is interdisciplinary and focuses on:
- problem solving,
- teaching and learning,
- application of research,
- leadership in Kinesiology programs.
Required Campus Visits
Students will be required to make three required campus visits:
- YR 1 Orientation
- Summer 2023 Three Day Orientation
- Orientation dates: June 12-14, 2023
- YR 3 Dissertation Proposal
- YR 4 Dissertation Presentation.
Take a look at the 2022 Visual Abstracts created by our recent graduates for the May 2022 Dissertation Showcase.
Additional information is available in The University Catalog (Kinesiology, Ed.D.)