- Students will address current professional practice issues in the field from an applied, interdisciplinary perspective.
- Professional Learning Communities will support student academic and professional growth throughout the degree program.
- All coursework will be completed online.
The program is structured so that all students begin the program in the Fall semester and move through the program as a cohort, working in learning communities, taking 2 courses (6 credits) each semester and summer over 3 years and completing the dissertation in year 4.
Please see this Visual Overview of how to complete the Doctor of Education in Kinesiology Online (PDF) in 4 years (Sample Coursework shown).
Coursework is interdisciplinary and focuses on:
- problem solving,
- teaching and learning,
- application of research,
- and leadership in Kinesiology programs.
Required Campus Visits
Students will be required to make three required campus visits:
- YR 1 Orientation
- Summer 2020 Three Day Orientation
- Orientation dates: June 7th-9th, 2021. Location TBD depending on COVID-19 restrictions.
- YR 3 Dissertation Proposal
- YR 4 Dissertation Presentation.
Additional information is available in The Graduate School Bulletin