Requirements of Applicant
Applicants must hold a master’s level degree and have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in Kinesiology or related fields to be accepted into the program.
Required application materials include:
- Graduate School Online Application
- Official Transcripts
- Recommendation Letters
- EdD in Kinesiology Supplemental Application
- Professional Goal Statement
GRE scores are no longer required. However, you can submit your scores if you want.
Review of Applications and Required Orientation
- Applications are reviewed in the spring for fall admission, beginning January 15.
- Completed applications must be received by April 1 for fall admission.
- If admitted, you are required to attend a three day orientation over the summer to enroll in the program. Orientation dates: Summer 2022 TBA
Please follow these guidelines when submitting your application.
See our FAQ page for some of the more common questions regarding the application process.
Here is what our students have to say about the program!
I was so excited when I found the doctoral program at UNCG! It has given me the flexibility to continue teaching and gaining experience while staying in my local community. The reputation and history of UNCG to actively prepare future faculty and academic leaders is what has impressed me the most.
Meaghan Howard, 2019 Graduate, Adjunct Faculty at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
“The EdD in KIN gave me the tools to be a successful leader and educator in the hybrid/online world and provided me with experiential learning opportunities that directly benefited me in my current job.”
David Wilkenfeld, 2018 Graduate, Assistant Professor of Athletic Training, Director of Clinical Education at Moravian College