The four-year online degree program is cohort-based and requires students to complete of 54 credit hours including the dissertation.
- Students will address current professional practice issues in the field from an applied, interdisciplinary perspective.
- Professional Learning Communities will support student academic and professional growth throughout the degree program.
- All coursework will be completed online.
- Three required on-campus summer visits foster collaboration and community and fulfill residency requirements (Orientation Pre-Year 1, Oral Comprehensive Exam and Dissertation Proposal Year 3, Dissertation Defense Year 4). This year’s Orientation will be June 15th-17th 2020.
- Faculty recognized as innovative teachers and accomplished scholars at local, national and international levels by professional organizations including ACSM, AERA, AKA, AASP, ISSP, NAK, NATA, NASPSPA, SHAPE/AAHPERD, TASSP, and WCAA.
Please see this Visual Overview of how to complete the Doctor of Education in Kinesiology Online (PDF) in 4 years (Sample Coursework shown).
For more information please contact the Program Director, Dr. Pam Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is what our students have to say about the program!
“The Doctor of Education in Kinesiology at UNC-Greensboro was worth it. I routinely use skills gained in this program, and I truly believe that knowledge plays a key role in my current job. I want you to know that the belief and mentorship in me was not in vain, and I am humbled to be in a position to positively impact our most vulnerable populations across North Carolina while paving the way for other emerging leaders through mentorship and support. Go Spartans!”
Eric Tucker, 2018 Graduate, Program Manager on the UNC Health Alliance Population Health Clinical Services Team
“While picking the program was an easy choice as it is one of the few online Kinesiology courses with such a stellar foundation, I’ve found that the program itself has exceeded my expectations. The faculty members are all incredible and the format of the program allows me to work full-time, care for our young children, and earn an Ed.D. from a nationally recognized program. It literally is allowing me to change the direction of my career and life.”
Nicholas DeLangie, 2019 Graduate, Adjunct Professor/Associate Director of Admissions, Wingate University