Department of Kinesiology

School of Health and Human Sciences

Dr. Lauren Griffin gets a new position as the Clinical Education Coordinator/Assistant Professor for MSAT at UNCG

Dr. Lauren Griffin, a recent graduate of the EdD in KIN program, has accepted a new position as the Clinical Education Coordinator/Assistant Professor for the Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) at UNCG. She shared that she is “…extremely excited for the opportunity. This is something that I have been interested in pursuing for a long time. I will be able to utilize the knowledge I gained from the EdD program and continue the work I started with my dissertation. I know the faculty and staff in the Kinesiology department at UNCG are striving to lead the campus in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives within an academic unit. I am so happy to continue that work here. I look forward to bringing my own diverse perspective to the program and can’t wait to start in August.” Her dissertation titled, “Minorities in Kinesiology: Challenges Encountered in the Pursuit of an Athletic Training Degree and Beyond” may help you learn more about her focus as she takes on this leadership role.

We are looking forward to having Dr. Lauren Griffin as a new faculty member in our department! For more information about the EdD in KIN program, please go here.