Department of Kinesiology

School of Health and Human Sciences

Our Graduate Assistants, Eddy Shen and Travis Anderson presented their summer research at the KIN graduate colloquium

2020 Summer Graduate Research Assistantship recipients presented their works at the KIN graduate colloquium, including our two EdD in KIN GAs, Eddy Shen and Travis Anderson. Learn more about them and their work:

Eddy Shen is a PhD student in Kinesiology. He has been working for the EdD in KIN program as a GA since 2019. He presented his research titled “Social and Emotional Learning Matters! Interpreting High-needs Elementary School Educators’ Perspectives on SEL with Human Developmental Theories”. Eddy said “I was very excited to have the opportunity to present my summer research at the K71IN graduate colloquium in March. It was a great opportunity for me to learn from others’ studies. Although our research topic varies, there is still valuable and interesting information or knowledge I could borrow and learn. The presentation is also a rehearsal for me to prepare for presenting this study at a national conference!”.

Travis Anderson is also a PhD candidate in Kinesiology. Travis also has been involved in the EdD in KIN program providing student research support as a summer GA along with partnering with a recent EdD grad on a paper exploring training load monitoring in soccer players. He presented his research titled “The Effect of High-Intensity Exercise on Changes in Salivary and Serum Cortisol Proportion Dynamics”. Travis said “It was a privilege to be able to present this research to the department at the colloquium last week, and share the work being completed by our laboratory group. I am always curious about the projects that other groups in the department are completing, and thoroughly enjoy hearing about the breadth of work that the KIN department supports and produces!”.

Great work, Eddy and Travis!
For more information about the EdD in KIN program, please go here.