Department of Kinesiology

School of Health and Human Sciences

EdD in KIN Student, Mark Snow, Wins People’s Choice Award in Webinars Worth Watching Competition

Mark Snow, a member of the 2017 cohort of EdD in KIN students, recently competed in UNCG’s Webinars Worth Watching (W^3) Competition. During the competition, Mark had 10 minutes to present his work in a webinar format. His presentation was titled, “Creation of Online Active Learning Faculty Development Page.” Mark completed this project as a part of his practicum experience this past semester. The purpose of his practicum experience was to create a learning management system (LMS) for faculty to learn about the importance of active learning. To see his full presentation click here

In its first year, W^3 is a competition supported by UNC Greensboro’s Graduate School and University Libraries. The purpose of the competition is to give students a platform to practice communicating their work effectively and quickly within a virtual programming tool. 

Mark told us, “It was a great experience!  I think it did a lot towards my development as an online instructor as well as making me really get in deep to determine the emphasis of what I am trying to accomplish with my dissertation. I was so happy that Dr. Brown recommended that I propose for the contest.” He suggests that more EdD in KIN students participate in the competition next year so that we can continue to share all of the great work being done in the Kinesiology field. 

The EdD in KIN program believes community is an important aspect of an online program. Thanks to the EdD community for supporting Mark in this competition. Mark shared, “The support of my EdD cohort was absolutely amazing and I would not have won the people’s choice award without their support.” Congrats Mark! We are excited to see where this project continues to take you. 

Congratulations are in order for two other KIN students as well: 

• Elvis Foli, Kinesiology, “Biomechanics, Birth Control, and Biochemistry: Examining a Risk Factor for ACL Injury Using a Multidisciplinary Approach” – Finalist
  • Kyoungyoun (Anne) Park-Braswell, Kinesiology, “Differences in the Brain Function and Structure between Various Degree of Knee Laxity Individuals” – 2nd Place