Department of Kinesiology

School of Health and Human Sciences

2019 Cohort Finding Togetherness at EdD in KIN Orientation

Following EdD in KIN tradition, our 6th cohort of doctorate students arrived on campus for orientation this past June. We welcomed the 2019 cohort on campus for three days. They were greeted by a panel of distinguished guests, faculty, and alumni to learn more about what to expect out of their EdD in KIN experience. The orientation addressed important issues for student success such as the use of technology, the challenges of balancing education along with career and family obligations, best practices and helpful hints, along with how to successfully and adequately navigate online courses. The orientation culminated with a day at Piney Lake where students participated in team building exercises and a lakefront picnic. 

The new cohort was happy with their experiences during the orientation at UNCG and excited about classes this fall. Here are some of the things they had to say:

• “The information provided was practical and valuable. Our time was respected and used well”
  • “Well planned, great use of time and very professional. It gave me confidence in having so much support as an online student. It was great having so much time to interact with my cohort members and really connect with them; I came away with a sense of “togetherness” that I have no doubt will offer support in the years to come. I also really appreciated the faculty and staff being present at most of the activities!”
  • “I absolutely loved the Team Building session. It was something different and we were able to open up in a less formal setting and I loved that our family was able to come spend time with us.”

Orientation was a huge success! Students were able to develop a strong sense of community to help carry them through their four years of being an online doctoral student. Applications for the fall 2020 academic year are now being accepted. Our review of applications for admissions will begin mid-January of 2020. For more information on the program, click here or contact us at eddkin@uncg.edu

To return to the EdD in KIN web-page click here.